About Mansion House
The mansion’s origins are Georgian – it was built around 1820 – but much of what you see today is the work of Victorian owner John Richards, a local dairy farmer who made his fortune from distributing milk from West Wales to England. Many of the features he installed during his ownership remain intact – including an impressive stained glass window over an ornate staircase. Since the 1970s, the mansion and its five acres has been successfully run as a wedding and dining venue – a business which has developed since Wendy and David Beaney bought the house in 2012.
The couple were married at the Mansion House in 1996 and after leaving to travel the world, a quirk of fate brought them back to Wendy’s native Carmarthenshire to run the restaurant with rooms where they themselves began their married life. The house has since undergone a spectacular refurbishment, recreating the splendour of the original architecture with a modern twist. For David, Wendy, their four children and their friendly team of professional staff, the Mansion House is all about creating a family atmosphere and a warm welcome in a perfect setting.